Key Specifications and Features
The standard RF configuration includes a broadband noise source and noise path attenuator with a maximum attenuation range of 127 dB in 1 dB steps. Additional attenuation ranges, and step sizes are available. Optional filters can be specified in any combination of low pass, high pass, band pass, or band reject. Combined with advanced switching circuitry, the designer can create many different path combinations. The signal output connectors can be located on the front, or rear panel to provide convenient customer access on the bench, or in a rack system. An optional signal combiner, and signal attenuator allow independent control of the noise & signal paths to vary SNR while BER testing.
The unit has a 7-inch touch-screen display, mouse, and keyboard for manual control, or standard Ethernet for ATE remote control. Optional IEEE 488.2 GPIB and RS232 remote interfaces are also available. If there are additional requirements for your noise application, please contact the factory for more information about custom designs.
- Output White Gaussian noise
- Output power up to +30 dBm
- 127 dB of attenuation; 1 dB step size
- Optional 0.1 dB step size
- Units > 2 GHz have total attenuation of 79.9 dB
- Low distortion signal path
- Power 115 VAC, 60 Hz
- Noise attenuator accuracy: ±0.2 dB or 0.5% at 1 – 500 MHz ±0.2 dB or 1% at 0.5 – 1.0 GHz ±0.3 dB or 2% at 1 – 2 GHz
- Standard connectors SMA female
- 7” touch screen display
- Dimensions: 17.25 in. wide x 6.50 in. including feet, high x 19.50 in. deep
- Removable hard drive for added security
- Operating Temperature: -10° to +65°C